Thursday, July 3, 2014

Tah-Done! A New Hand Sewing Caddy!


Here's that little project I've been working on this week. It's a Yazzii that I bought at the Chicago Quilt Festival. I covered it with some orange wool appliquéd with a cute flower.



On the "spine" of the caddy, I appliqued my initials on a small piece of Kantha quilt.


Love all the zippered compartments! I have small scissors, thimbles, thread, and needles inside. I adore it, especially since I've added my own special touch to it.


Have you seen this new product by Karen Kay Buckley? I was already a fan of her Perfect Little Scissors. I needed a new pair since someone (ahem, Cooper!) chewed the handles off my old pair. I found them in Chicago along with Karen's new little scissor accessory - a cute little chain that attaches to the plastic cover - no more lost plastic cover! These are the scissors I keep in my new sewing caddy.

There's still room left for precut circles to make hexies on the go!

We're planning a very relaxing July 4th weekend here. Hubby and I will grill out some burgers, just the two of us. We're going to attend a local music and fireworks event either tonight or tomorrow night (or maybe both!) And we'll probably drive to the lake sometime over the weekend to watch Cooper swim.

2 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Looks like a great bag, with a pocket for everything.
24Tangent "at" gmail "dot" com

Unknown said...

Sound like the perfect weekend to go with those perfect scissors! I carry circles to make Hexies when I'm traveling too! I love what you did with the case to make it your own...Happy 4th of July!